New Trench Plates for Sale
Trench plates are large 1 inch steel plates used to provide temporary protection over trenches. They are also known as trench covers, or road plates. They are commonly used in construction, utility maintenance, and other industrial applications.
We offer a wide range of steel trench plates for sale, designed to meet your specific needs.
Trench Plate Quote Request Form
Standard and Custom Sizes
Our trench plates are constructed using A36 steel, ensuring exceptional strength and longevity. We understand the importance of safety. Iron Lot sells them in both 1" and 1.25" thick, in common sizes like 4x8, 5x10, 8x10, 8x16, 8x20 and other custom trench plate sizes.
We take pride in offering trench plates for sale that are of the highest quality and meet industry standards. Our steel trench cover plates not only ensure the safety of pedestrians, but also protect underground utilities. They will minimize any inconvenience to the public during construction projects. With our steel plate trench covers, you can confidently manage your project while prioritizing safety and efficiency.
Additionally, we also offer steel shoring plates for added support and stability. Our steel shoring plates are designed to reinforce trenches and prevent soil collapse, providing a secure environment for your workers
Don't compromise on safety and reliability when it comes to your construction projects. Choose our trench plates and covers to ensure a smooth and secure work environment. Contact us today to explore our extensive range of trench plates, trench covers, steel shoring plates, and more.
Here are some key features and uses of trench plates:
- Material: Trench plates are made of high-strength steel. This insures the ability to withstand heavy loads and provide a durable surface for vehicular and pedestrian traffic. As an option may have a coating applied to create anti-skid surfaces to enhance safety.
- Size and Weight: Trench plates come in various sizes and weights depending on the required load-bearing capacity. Common sizes range from 4 feet by 8 feet (1.2 meters by 2.4 meters) to larger dimensions. The thickness of the plates can vary as well, often ranging from 1 inch to 1.25 inches.
- Load Distribution: Trench plates are designed to distribute heavy loads over a wider area, minimizing the risk of collapse or damage to the ground beneath. This allows vehicles, equipment, and pedestrians to safely traverse the covered trench or excavation.
- Trench Safety: In addition to providing a stable surface for traffic, trench plates also play a crucial role in ensuring worker safety. They help prevent accidents and injuries by covering open excavations and protecting individuals from falling into trenches.
- Installation: Trench plates are typically laid side by side, spanning the width of the trench or excavation. They are positioned in a manner that ensures maximum coverage and load distribution. Proper installation may involve anchoring or securing the plates to prevent shifting or movement.
- Regulations and Standards: The use of trench plates is subject to various regulations and safety standards to ensure their effectiveness and compliance with federal and local laws. These regulations often specify the required plate size, load-bearing capacity, and installation methods.
- Alternative Uses: Trench plates can also be used in applications beyond trench coverings. They are sometimes employed as temporary bridge decks, industrial flooring, or base plates for heavy equipment.
It's worth noting that trench plates are effective temporary solutions for covering excavations. However, permanent fixes such as backfilling or installing structural supports are typically necessary for long-term safety and stability.